Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- 1 A Better Spork with a Better Knife
A Better Spork with a Better Knife
A better way to eat
Project developed by Forest.andresen (talk) 13:20, 25 April 2017 (PDT) Add a status meter by copying the following templates (inside double curly brackets) into your page as you reach each step: status-design, status-prototype, status-deployed, status-model and status-verified....
- Everyone eats, some eat with their hands, and some eat with utensils. This is a project focusing around bringing the best utensils to people worldwide, without the usual cost involved. This is the creation of a utensil that can be easily printed by a 3D printer anywhere around the world. Our wish at project spork is to enable all to have a clean and convenient eating experience. The better spork is made to be east to clean and to have significantly better cutting ability than any other spork/knife to date.
- Picture of completed print using [[Image:|200px|right]]
Bill of Materials
- Provide a full BOM -- This part needs only a 3D printer and a filament that is non toxic.
- Upload and link to all source files from open source CAD
- Upload and link to all STLs
Tools needed for fabrication of the OSAT
- A 3D printer
- memory card
- various printer tools like tweezers
Skills and Knowledge Necessary to Make the OSAT
- You simply need to be able to download and the part and use a 3D Printer to make it.
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions
- This device does not need assembly, and will be able to be used right off the print bed.
- Print time: approx. 30 minutes
- drawing below:
Revised simifinal product
- no video yet
|Example video summary of textbook|
Error in widget I have not added a video yet
Common Problems and Solutions
- I recommend including a brim to ensure the spork does not peel off the build plate while printing. This will need someone to chip off the brim when the spork comes out.
- before loading the stl file into cura, I ran it through netfabb to make sure it would print. it turned out that it had some problems and was not a "water tight" shape yet.
- I recommend sanding or polishing the parts of the utensil that will touch your mouth, otherwise the sharp areas can be uncomfortable or harm you.
- Printing this spork knife will cost under 20 cents. while buying a similar design on amazon will cost more than $8.
- In addition to the cost savings, this spork is a better design and specifically has a more effective knife. users can also customize the file before printing to make it the right shape and size for them and their diet.
- The sources of information (e.g. engineering handbooks, journal articles, government documents, webpages, books, magazine articles etc.). References should use the <ref> </ref> and <references/> tags and can be in any format but should include all the information necessary for someone else to find the same information you did. For example: 
- web page: Department of Energy (DOE) Landscaping and Energy Efficiency, DOE/GO-10095 (1995) Available: http://www.eren.doe.gov/erec/factsheets/landscape.html
Based on the developmental needs addressed (e.g. food, heat, electricity, clean water, health care, etc.) be sure to label your device in the proper categories e.g. use [[Category:Water]]. Be sure to categorize your device so that it will be easy to find – for example “Low voltage connection basics” is categorized in [[Category:How tos]] [[Category:Electricity]] [[Category:Electric lighting]].